Debit & ATM Cards
Report your Debit or ATM Card as Lost or Stolen by:
- Logging in to Online Banking, selecting the "More Functions" menu and then selecting "ATM/Debit Card." On that screen, check the "Lost/Stolen" box near your card and click "Submit." You'll see a confirmation screen where you should click on "Submit" again. Verify that your card status has changed to Lost/Stolen.
- Calling (978) 686-9100 during normal business hours and asking for our Deposit Operations Department.
- Calling (888) 297-3416.
If you would like to change your ATM or Debit Card PIN
call (888) 891-2435 or visit any Northmark Bank ATM or branch.
New Guardian Alert Service!
Northmark Bank's Guardian Alert Service allows you to enroll your debit and ATM cards and receive text alerts on your mobile device when your card activity exceeds certain thresholds.
If the activity is legitimate, just ignore the text message. If the activity is not legitimate, reply to the message with a code you'll receive. Your reply will notify us of the fraudulent transactions.
Guardian Alert Service will send a text alert whenever:
- A transaction of $300 or more is authorized
- A transaction is performed when your card is not present (i.e. an online transaction)
- A transaction is declined
- Six or more transactions are performed in a 24-hour period.
Enhanced Fraud Center Monitoring
We have updated our debit card fraud monitoring and notification system to help identify and prevent possible fraudulent transactions attempted with your Debit Card.
This new system will work in two ways:
- If potential fraud is suspected using your Debit Card you will receive a text alert. You will have the option to reply “fraud” or “no fraud”.
- If no response is received within five minutes after the text you will receive an automated call. You will need to either confirm or deny the fraud.
- You may receive a second round of automated calls if you have not confirmed or denied the fraud.
This system works best when we have accurate email addresses and cell phone numbers. Please contact your Banker at 978-686-9100 or 781-721-9100 to update your information.
Learn More About Your New Chip-Enabled Debit Card
Your new chip-enabled debit card adds improved security and fraud protection with an embedded computer chip. This technology is already securing payment cards in more than 80 countries and is now being adopted as the card standard in the U.S.
Merchants are installing new payment terminals that support the new chip cards. When making a purchase with your chip card in a new terminal, you will insert or “dip” your card into the terminal slot and briefly hold it there until the card is verified with Northmark Bank. Depending upon the merchant, you may be required to enter your card's PIN or sign for transactions. Your card will also work on old-style payment terminals that don’t use the new technology.
Please note that certain retailers are not ready to accept chip cards. If you visit a retailer who is not ready for chip technology or if your card is declined when using a chip reader, just swipe your card as you normally would.
Our MasterCard® debit cards have the convenience of a credit card but work like a check. Your purchase is electronically verified and automatically deducted from your checking account, just like a check. You can use your debit card anywhere in the United States where you see the familiar MasterCard symbol. You can also use your debit card at any United States ATM displaying the MasterCard®. NYCE® or Cirrus® symbol.
Northmark Bank ATM cards work at any United States ATM displaying the NYCE® or Cirrus® symbol.
Surcharge Free Withdrawals
Northmark Bank participates in the SUM® program which allows surcharge-free withdrawals at ATMs bearing the SUM® logo. Click on the SUM® logo below to locate the SUM® ATM nearest you.
NYCE Shared Deposit Program
Northmark Bank participates in the NYCE® Shared Deposit Program which allows deposit transactions at any ATM bearing the NYCE® Shared Deposits logo. Click on the NYCE® Shared Deposit logo below to locate the Shared Deposit ATM nearest you. When you get to the NYCE website, make sure you check the box that says "Shared Deposit ATMs."
Northmark Bank Debit and ATM cards do not work at merchants or ATMs located outside the United States or when making purchases from websites based outside the United States. Please call your Banker to discuss alternative ways to accommodate your international use needs.